Skip to product information
1 of 18

Rustic Near-Antique Monogram Signet Ring

Rustic Near-Antique Monogram Signet Ring

Sale Sold out
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Carbon-neutral shipping with Shopify Planet
Carbon-neutral shipping on all orders
Powered by Shopify Planet
A charming and unique signet that, while beautifully proportioned and and deeply engraved, has a unique and rustic appearance that makes it stand out among other pieces. In lower karat gold, where non-gold metals make up the majority of the alloy (aka the mixture of metal content: in 9k, 37.5% is pure gold and the other 62.5% is other materials, most often silver and copper), proprietary alloys, can result in unique patina as the non-gold components react with the environment. The deep colouration on this ring is eye catching, and when the light hits the face just right, the beautifully engraved initials are perfectly illuminated. Those initials may fool the eye as well - as best we can tell, the letters A and E are entwined upright, with a B tipped on its side - but we're absolutely open to being corrected, and to anyone interpreting this engraving as suits them.

Fair near-antique condition with substantial patina (can be removed by polishing), and evidence of past resizing.

• 9k yellow gold, with full British hallmarks for Birmingham 1925, maker's mark D&E
• Size 7 5/8 and can be resized within two sizes
• Face of ring measures 8.5mm wide, 9mm across, with a rise of 1.1mm; back of band measures 2.7mm wide and 1.2mm thick
• 2.7g
• Face of ring engraved with a monogram of what appears to be the letters BEA (or BAE, ABE, AEB, EBA, EAB)
View full details

Materials and care

  • Solid gold is among the best materials for everyday wear.

  • Find more information about metals and gemstones.

  • Shipping & Returns